1.23.2012

ethos, pathos, and logos

Ethos:
To establish my credibility on my topic I inform my readers that I have grown up in the age of texting, alluding to that I know the popularity and how teenagers are addicted to it. Also I have had first- hand experience with texting and driving and the new "hands free" law. I try to establish a somewhat stern voice to let my audience know that I am being very serious about my topic and that I am passionate about it.

{not sure if this works as ethos...}

Pathos: 
To connect to my readers emotions, I share a video clip of a true story of a family who lost a loved one because of texting and driving. Also I share pictures of the aftermath of accidents that were caused by texting. In addition, I share personal experiences in hope that my readers have also had similar ones.


Logos:
I use statistics about texting and driving so that I am not just sharing my opinion. I also try to present reasonable claims that will get the reader thinking and moving.

4 comments:

  1. The videos and pictures of the aftermath are always so sad to see. It is defiantly very emotional. I also think that what you said for ethos works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.... those pictures and videos I think will add so much to your paper. I think this is something that really does affect everyone, and will really tug on the emotions of everyone who reads it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tess your paper was a golden gem. Hahah oh, and I'm still laughing at the mere fact that you warned me that it was about to get SUPER DRAMATIC. I'm excited to see the video clip and image on your Final OpEd blogpost to see if the video brings me back to reality or not:) Good luck finishing that sucker up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha. Thanks for all your help! You're the best.

      Delete