1.07.2012

brainstorm.

What to write about....what to write about....

I am the type of person who always agrees with points from both sides, which in a lot of situations isn't very helpful at all. Except that doesn't mean I don't have an opinion, but it is usually an opinion that not a lot of people also have. There are occasions where I have a very strong opinion. For example, poverty, I believe strong in setting up government programs to help those in need to make a decent living so that they can support themselves and not rely on others. Also to improve education programs encouraging kids who do come from lower income families that they still have every opportunity open to them.

But there is another issue that has caught my attention in the last year. Texting and driving. I think it was two years ago now, Oregon passed a law making texting while driving illegal. Which I am very grateful for because people who are text while behind the wheel might as well be drunk. As they are not concentrated on the road and clearly don't care about the safety of others and themselves. I think that other states should too look into passing a law that puts consequences to texting and driving.

I like brainstorms because it makes me realize how interested I am in one topic or the other.

3 comments:

  1. That's a good topic Tessa! They have a double ban on cell phones in California, no texting and no talking (hands free devices are ok). I'm glad they're working towards it but the problem I see with the hand free device is that most of the problem is the distraction of being on the phone. It's not the fact that you only have one hand on the steering wheel. But texting is the most dangerous I would say and I agree with your points made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also feel very strongly about texting and driving! I think it is one the the stupidest things a person can do and I always freak out when I see people doing it! I think it is a great topic to write about and I would love to see you convince more people to not text and drive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I echo what Heather Howell said. If you do end up going with that topic i'll be excited to hear your argument!

    ReplyDelete