2.20.2012

the long weekend.


I hope everyones weekend was amazing! I know I'm a little late on this post but I was at a cabin up in Idaho playing in multiple feet of snow, cross country skiing, and sitting by a fire the entire weekend. I know, I have such a hard life.

The drive was about a total of 5 hours one way, so 10 hours total. Road trips can either be really fun or the most miserable thing you experience in your entire life. We all know there are some essentials to keep you sane while making the voyage.

1. A bomb playlist or mixed CDs, which ever strikes your fancy. On theses playlists/mixed CDs you need to make sure there is a balanced mixed of new and old favorites.
2. Plenty of snacks to chow down on because what else do you do on road trips? my point exactly...
3. Drinks, to stay hydrated of course, but it is very important to synchronize your drinking habits with the other passengers in the car so you don't have to make too many pit stops at gross gas station bathrooms.
4. A camera to document the trip and any mishaps that happen along the way. For example, you happen to get a flat tire and you don't have a jack and you are stuck on the side of the road by some cows in the middle of Idaho but suddenly an angel is sent from above to save the day! {True story}

There you go, your road trip survival guide.

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous, I love playing in the snow. I like your survival guide. Though I don't really listen to music on road trips, we always have books on tape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second all these essentials for a road trip as I just took one this long weekend and it was super successful and fun-- and of course because we had all these things as well. Hope you had a lot of fun, kind of sucks to be back in the school mode though, huh?

    ReplyDelete